Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Way the Years Change You...

When I was a kid, jumping in puddles was awesome. Next to crunching leaves, splashing in puddles - and having other people thereby splashed - was just a delicious punctuation mark in the day.

When I was dressed in a long skirt on Friday night and trying to make it back to Georgetown through Foggy Bottom during a tremendous puddle-making rainstorm, I made the mistake of accidentally stepping into a pothole full to the brim of water. Unlike old times, the resulting puddlesplash (coined that one meself) served only to wash places I didn't even know I had and make all the other ones really cold. That elicited a different kind of punctuation mark, the kind that comes at the end of a muffled scream.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have now officially become a grown-up.

Yeah, I know.

I think deep thoughts on my birthday.

2 comments:

Ben Darfler said...

Its your bday?! Happy freaking bday!!

A said...

Thanks man. :)