Wednesday, October 17, 2007

i think it's only fair....

i feel that roomie levels some unfair criticism at me in her last post. and as a result, i write to her an epic poem of love and beauty that could be rivaled perhaps only by will shakespeare himself...

o, tall girl
how i love you
you change our lightbulbs
is there nothing you can't do?

with your farrah fawcett hair
and your new york jew-girl flare
it's no wonder you've stolen my heart
i don't think we could ever part

when i walk in the door
on the futon, there you are
i just want a glass of water
you accost me with your guitar

how could i even live?
what would i have to give?
your lyrical musings sustain me
even if i try to flee

o, tall girl
how i love you
and i can say without a doubt
you amuse me through and through

if there was any question about my devotion, attention-paying skills, or capability of mixing AABB and ABCB couplets, let it be thusly vanquished!

No comments: