Tuesday, October 30, 2007

it's not quite the beatles, but....

a is singing to me.

oh julia
i want you there beside me
when i'm on call
i hope you raise your hand
because i tend to tune out in international law
and it's something you understand

i'm not so sure i'd actually profess total understanding, but if she's going to vouch for me, then i'll take what i can get.

i sing these songs to you
and i feel like a fool
but then you grin every once and a while
and i don't feel like such a tool
maybe i should
oh julia
when i talk to you
julia
no one knows the hell i go through
dealing with you
julia
i walk a fine line
julia
how do you think new york feels living with puppies n'sunshine
julia
i'm just going to keep saying your name
because it fits with the meter
and i'm running out of rhymes all the same
julia
okay last stanza i promise
and i'm just going to get through this
julia
to show you that i care
julia
i call you my pooh-bear
i call you my pooh-bear

....she's walking out of the room for dramatic effect. she just bowed.

julia
when you concentrate
oh julia
it's hard to tell what you appreciate
i'm so sad
i'm so sad now
'cause even after i took my bow
i didn't get one round of applause
and that gives me pause
oh julia!
i cry and you give me cause
julia
come on, give me a hug with those pooh paws.

okay she's really done. but she is going to use that tune for something else.

No comments: