Friday, October 19, 2007

The Kicker

This summer I worked three jobs, one of them a really well-paying position in order to compensate for the lack of money coming from the others. To quell any emerging fears about the lucrative job, I state now that it was teaching high school classes about law for Georgetown (and props to a a couple of lawyer-mentor-friends including this Author for helping me out with that in a major and charismatic way). Life and I were getting on pretty well as I was feeling both productive and in the black.

Long story short, Life and I are having a bit of a disagreement at the moment, following its decision to paste a tremendous "Kick me" sign on my back in the form of a more than 40% deduction of taxes from what was supposed to pay the rent for a while.
On the bright side, if Social Security lasts, I now have several hundred dollars poured into that and thousands wherever the USG decides to wisely spend it.

J, as regards the rent next month... uh... you're it! (*tapping J on the shoulder and then sprinting away, laughing wildly*).

No comments: