Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Impromptu Songs

I have a distinct feeling J doesn't appreciate the amount of time I invest in writing her music. She's been posting my lyrics on her away messages though, so I know she's been listening. ;-) Nothing like being quoted to make you feel appreciated.

Sample 1
Eat a vegetable patty
Stay away from the meat
I don't want to call you a fatty
But will be forced to if you eat

Sample 2
This is me laying it on the line
I think your frizzy hair looks fine
Do you want to go to dinner?
Eat veggie Indian like Jewish sinners

and then a bit later when she was still laughing at me...
"Everyone's a critic
I think you really suck
You don't sing these songs to me
I mean, g-dammit, f***."

I'm so glad this relationship is functional. It's a distinct departure from all those other ones I know...

P.S. And with all that she's skipping out on me for dinner.

No comments: