Saturday, February 9, 2008

"There Is No Day Sex Monkey Nut!"

Someone was talking to me today about relationships. There was a point where he got very emphatic, and I heard him proclaim: "There is no day sex monkey nut!"

In some small amount of shock, I sort of blinked for a bit before deciding that I would respond with, "Indeed, that is a valid complaint." Which makes no sense, but therefore is precisely the type of thing I would say.

Then I though a bit harder, because there was no way in hell he had actually said that. So it took a few extra seconds of stunned silence, but finally I got it: "There is no deus ex machina!"

At which point, I proudly replied with, "Indeed, that is a valid complaint," which still made no sense, but on the scale of things the world was so much more coherent to me than it had been just a few seconds ago that it didn't really matter. Accomplishment is a relative thing.

You see what J has to put up with?

Doubt you can really top this story, but if anyone else has a slightly ridiculous broken telephone anecdote they'd like to share, please do. You can write it, or chance things and tell me by spoken word. :)

No comments: