Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just to Decompress

I've spent all day researching radical Islam and terrorism for a project at work. Doing this type of stuff used to get me hyped up on growing up to do something big in the way of protecting the world and my friends and family. Now it's just tiring and depressing.

Don't know what exactly changed, but there are days when I wouldn't mind being much more 'immature'. I'd like to think that the root cause is just a lack of energy, but after having dosed myself on caffeine and sugar all day, that is looking less than likely...

By the way, Tom Lantos z"tl, who I cited to in an earlier post, died yesterday. He held a lot of the wrong positions, in my view, but he vociferously defended what he believed in and has left his mark on the United States Congress. From penniless Holocaust camp survivor to Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. He managed to ruffle a lot of feathers, but his passion and his wit will be missed. With any luck, there will be room for me and other Morlockish garage office staff at the memorial service on Thursday. I'll let ya know how that goes.

J has admitted she is as weird as I am in the post below. I just want that noted and re-noted for the record. ;-)

No comments: