Monday, November 5, 2007

The Phase

When I was in high school, I had a Welsh teacher of physics for the science class at the end of the day. After leaving school, I'd actually have a bit of a Welsh accent in my English and use some of his inflection.

And some of that type of stuff still happens when I'm talking to someone with a foreign accent. Unless I'm careful to monitor, I will unconsciously use some of their lingo/mannerisms for a few minutes after parting ways.

Now picture that particular impediment that in a school full of LLM students from Lord only knows where.

I'm... so... confused...

And I often... sound... ridiculous...

This brings 'easily impressed' to all sorts of new levels of preposterous.

By the way, you must check out this AWESOME link, courtesy of Small Thoughts.

Cheerio.

No comments: