Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Mouse

We have one. I just burst into J's room to inform her that she had an unexpected sleeping partner but then couldn't proceed to find the skinny little dude who had literally just slipped in there after perusing the living room way too calmly for my taste.

She's too sleepy to care, and I'm too drowsy to go on the hunt for a member of the Mickey tribe. And frankly, I don't believe in killing them, so when I'm fully alert, it's still going to be a bit of a question as to what we actually do. On the one hand, it would be nice to never see him again, but if he never re-appears, she's going to think I'm certifiable because she sure as hell saw nothing other than me flicking on her lights at 1:30 in the morning, and waking her up as I crouched on her floor.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking right about now in the midst of all this chaos - maybe the mouse is a she, not a he. My thoughts precisely. I'm glad we're on the same page.

This is too complicated and too late for plotting the demise of anything and I'm starting to ramble again. I'm off to bed.

Hopefully alone.

No comments: